Updated January 1st, 2019. Quarterly player subscription/membership pricing is subject to increase at any time. Subscribers/members will not incur increased subscription/membership fees if they are current subscribers/members. All player subscriptions/memberships sales, CBL Accelerator League deposits are final and non-refundable. Upon receipt of a CBL Accelerator League deposit, a player’s custom uniform and other equipment will be ordered and sent directly to the CBL equipment vendor. Our vendor will not refund back any uniform or equipment fees to the CBL if a player request cancellation or refund. Therefore, any player’s CBL Accelerator League deposit will convert to a dollar for dollar credit, which can be used for a future CBL Accelerator League date if a player cannot attend the original date that the deposit was made for. If the CBL Accelerator League is cancelled by the CBL corporate office, the player’s deposit will be refunded 100%. Players can cancel their subscription/membership at any time. The player development program, league, or tournament cash prizes will only be paid out to players with subscriptions/memberships that are in good standing and with no past due fees. If the minimum two hundred (200) teams nationwide is not registered for the promotional tournaments the CBL corporate office will have the option to pay the cash prizes in twelve (12) to eighteen (18) month installment payments.
Release of CBL Player Information for Promotional Purposes
All paid or registered player members shall give the right for the CBL to release any player’s name and/or image for promotion, press, or any other distribution for marketing or promotional purposes as the CBL sees fit.
Use of Name and Image Release
I agree and consent that CBL Worldwide II, Inc. and its teams may use my name and any video, still photo, testimonials, or voice recordings, etc. taken of me together with any writing and/or other advertising and/or publicity material in connection therewith for CBL promotional purposes.
This consent is given by me without limitations upon any use for projection, playback, reprints, rerun, broadcast, telecast, or publication of any kind, including the advertising and publicity connected therewith. I also agree that the originals and copies therefore shall be and remain the exclusive property of CBL Worldwide, Inc. and its team general managers.
I am of age to play in the CBL leagues and tournaments and have read and do understand this agreement. (NOTE: If player is under age, a parent or guardian should register and give their permission on behalf of the minor.)
Special Promotional Tournaments
The CBLCityRec.com promotional tournament requires the minimum registration of 200 teams nationwide to meet the 100% cash prize payout of $10,000. Final team registration number will be measured against the 200 minimum team target (i.e. 100 of 200 teams = 50% of target, therefore the tournament cash prize payout would be $5,000).
Use of Confidential CBL Information
CBL players, general managers, team owners, and/or team staff members shall not distribute or otherwise release any of the CBL’s business or team operational information, or any other CBL confidential information, to any outside parties. If there is a question about whether specific material can be used for distribution, immediately contact the CBL’s corporate office. Keep all of your CBL documents in a secure location and create a separate email folder for your CBL email correspondence.
Player Conduct & Image Clause
1. Players must be 17 years of age and be a graduating senior from high school.
2. Players must sign-off on the CBL Player Contract and Participation Wavier.
4. For registered CBL players, attending life skills/educational seminars meetings is optional.
5. To be considered for the CBL All-Star Team and Player of the Year, a player must show a positive business impact for his team as well as demonstrate exceptional basketball skills and professionalism.
6. All players and team sponsors of the CBL will be considered as ROLE MODELS at all times.
7. If a player receives a technical foul during a game, they will be assessed a $25 player conduct fine and will not be eligible to play in the next game until the fine is paid in full.
8. If a player gets three technical fouls during the season, he/she will be suspended for the remainder of the season and will have to go before the Board of Directors to be reactivated for the upcoming CBL season.
9. Any misconduct or illegal acts during CBL games or events will warrant a review by the CBL Commissioner and the CBL Board of Directors.
10. If a player is suspended by the CBL, they must go before the Board of Directors to be reactivated in the CBL.
11. CBL players with VIP privileges cannot give away those privileges to other CBL players, family members, or individuals.
12. Players with VIP access are allowed one guest at league events and functions. If you require VIP access for immediate family, you must request a family VIP access pass. Some events and functions may require a cost for VIP access.
13. Only selected players will be allowed to represent the CBL and speak with the CBL and/or local media.
14. Players are asked to respect all CBL Staff Members at all times. If any player is found abusing staff members, player subscription/membership privileges, and league app, the CBL Commissioner can revoke or suspend their league access and/or league rights and services.
15. Any reported fights or altercations among players or teams will result in an immediate dismissal from the CBL City Rec League will result in a 365 day player suspension and the ejected player’s team will get an automatic forfeit of the game and any cash prizes.
Amateur Athletic Waiver and Release of Liability
Name of Event: Community Basketball Leagues Player Development Program, Rec League, or CBL Tournaments
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the CBL Athletic Sports Program and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or other and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the CBL, CBL Facility Vendors, CBL officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and leasers of premises used to conduct the event (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
This page is subject to additions, updates, and changes at any time.
By checking off on the terms and conditions on the player membership checkout page, you hereby accept all player and/or team membership terms and conditions.